A girl can come up with some creative (albeit accidental) Paleo foods when her pantry is getting bare and she is easily distracted. Case in point: my Accidental Paleo… uh, Pizza.
- Sautee whatever leftover meat & veggies you have in the ol’ ice box then set aside for an omelete.
- Crack, beat, pour 2 eggs into a skillet.
- Get distracted texting friends and forget you’re cooking an omelete until the eggs completely cook through and become slightly crisp on the bottom. It should resemble a pancake – a paleo pancake.
- Say, “Ah! Whatever, it still works” and pour some tomato sauce on top of the egg “crust.”
- Dump already sauteed veggies on top of the sauce.
Ta-da! The Accidental Paleo Pizza. Isn’t this kind of how sandwiches were invented?
(Stop. Rewind. I just google’d “Paleo Pizza” and it appears this breakfast pizza really does exist! Check out Everyday Paleo’s much less accidental recipe. Looks yum.)